Holiday Feather Ornaments
Gold and silver feather ornaments are increasing in popularity this Holiday season. So why not make your own thrifty version?
Try this simple DIY short-cut to give simple inexpensive craft feathers an elegant festive look.
• Craft feathers, any color
• Gold and silver spray paint
• Thin craft wire
1. Wrap a bit of craft wire around the quill of each feather and form a hook at the tip
2. Brush feather barbs with fingers against their natural direction to give them a ruffled look.
3. Spray paint both sides, including the quill
4. Hang the feathers by the hook on a dowel
5. Allow to dry for 10 minutes
Add some pizzazz to your feathers.
Spray paint them different colours. Make them two-toned, with both gold and silver or add some glitter on the tips before they dry.
Voila! The perfect addition to any Christmas tree.
I hope this post inspired you to make your own Holiday ornaments 😀
And while you’re here, be sure to check out 19 more Holiday craft ideas that can be found in this Canadian Bloggers Christmas Crafts Hop! Simply click on the links below to browse through all the wonderful creations.
From left to right, top to bottom:
This online resource contains a curated list of Ho...
by Jamie MacDonald | It’s a common occurrence over...
Find wonderful gift ideas from local businesses in...
A few gift ideas to add to your list of stocking s...